Thursday, October 29, 2009

Weekend Fun

Griff’s best friend from college, A.J., and his wife, Heather, were in town from Colorado a few weekends ago to visit family, and they stayed at Hotel Babb. They were our first overnight guests since Izzy has been home, so I didn’t really know what to expect from her, but Miss Isabelle was on her very best behavior for our guests.
Thursday night, we met up with A.J. and Heather and the rest of A.J.’s family in Arlington. A.J.’s 6-month-old nephew, Wes, was there and it was super cute to see him and Izzy together. They just kept staring at each other like, “Finally, someone my size!” So adorable!!!

Friday, we were off to the State Fair (Izzy’s Nana came over to babysit her while we were gone). The fair was okay. I guess I’m just not much of a fair person. It’s just a lot of fried food, expensive games, and highly questionable rides. Griff and I did try fried peaches and cream, and I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. It wasn’t bad, I was just expecting more since it was this year's winner. I wanted to try the fried butter as well, but the line was way too long, and the more I thought about it, the grosser it started to sound. So, I escaped the fair with only a small amount of grease in my arteries.

We ended up on the patio at Uncle Julio’s (my favorite!) for lunch on Saturday. We had a cookout at our house with many of our friends that evening. Izzy was spending the night with Papa and Meme, and we had every intention of going out after dinner. Somewhere around 10pm, it became clear to all of us thirty-somethings and almost-thirty-somethings that we aren’t in college anymore, and we gave up on going out. So, to conclude, we are officially old, but that’s okay…we still had fun!


A few pics from the weekend...


Our weekend guests, A.J. and Heather


These three were roommates back in the day....many, many hairs uh, I mean years ago. ;-)

Go Tech!

Daddy's little Red ( or in this case, pink) Raider

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Griff has finally figured out how to look like he has hair, surround himself with balder friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the caption on the roommates picture. :) Ha! It was great to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete