Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Quick Update

Izzy has officially outgrown her little pink tub that fits in the sink. She is now the proud owner of her very own big-girl ducky tub. Why don't adults have cool stuff like this?



Here she is sporting a faux hawk, and if you look closely, you can see her two sweet little bottom teeth. Izzy's occupational therapist came to the house about a week ago. The only thing that Izzy wasn't doing that she "should" be doing was holding her bottle. The OT wasn't concerned with it, and said if it was something I wanted to push, we could work on it, but if I wasn't concerned, then she wasn't either. Izzy really hadn't shown much interest in it, but I guess she never needed to. I mean, why work for it if mommy will do it for you, right?? Well, tonight, I decided to experiment. I propped her up on a pillow and handed her the bottle. You can see from the picture below that she knew exactly what to do with it! Finished the whole thing all by herself! Now, if I could just get her to use the toilet, clean her room, and wash her own clothes, I'd be set! ;-)



Why is it that babies always go for electronics? Izzy has countless brightly colored toys that play all kinds of music, light up, and talk, but she prefers the remote, laptop, and our cellphones. Luckily, we had an extra remote and an old cellphone that are now her "toys" and she loves them! But don't worry, my 11-month-old will not be getting her own laptop anytime soon!




My sweet girl!








2 comments:

  1. Look at her holding that bottle. The look on her face seems to say, "Hey, mom, what's the big deal; I could have done this a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's ADORABLE! Love to see how she's growing. kelsi Loved her ducky tub and now loves the big girl tub even more! And those electronics...I think they're all the same, though Kelsi has learned that the old cell phones just aren't the same and insists on having mommy's "bye bye"...good luck with Miss Izzy!

    ReplyDelete