Saturday, February 27, 2010

One Year Old!


We celebrated Izzy's first birthday yesterday, and it just doesn't seem real that I have a one-year-old! Her "party" was at our house, just with our immediate family. We had a nice spaghetti dinner so Griff, Gene (bro-in-law), and I could carb-load before the Cowtown Half-Marathon, which was this morning (more on that in an upcoming post). Izzy had fun destroying a cupcake and opening up lots of gifts. She got a ton of adorable clothes and fun toys, but her favorite part is still the wrapping paper and ribbons. If only she could be so easy to please forever! ;-) We're saving the big blow-out party for June, when we will celebrate her homecoming. By that time, cold and flu season will be behind us, and we can invite friends and more family. And come on, who doesn't want two parties???

At one year, Izzy is:
-army crawling EVERYWHERE
-crawling (for real) occasionally
-going from sitting to crawling position and visa versa
-beginning to pull-up to knees
-making a lot of noise, but nothing that sounds remotely like mama or dada yet
-waving (so cute!)
-practicing with a sippy cup (so messy!)
-starting to eat "big people" food
-on a good schedule, taking two solid naps a day, and sleeping well at night....thank the Lord!
-melting her mommy and daddy's hearts ;-)
I ordered this bow from Christen at ticklemepinkbowtique.com and I made the tutu to match it. We had a photo session with Niji and Lali from Niji Stanley Photography a few weeks ago (pics coming soon!), and I was so excited to get some cute pics of her in the tutu, but she was NOT having the tutu that day. And trust me, I tried three times with the same crying result. So....Griff and I took advantage of the nice weather outside today and tried it again. I think the distraction of being outside helped! I really like that Lily's tree is in the backgroud. Griff's friends/co-workers bought us a Little Gem Magnolia, and a beautiful stone, engraved with Lily's name a while back. So sweet!

It's not often that I spend a day in the kitchen, but here is proof that I do cook every now and then. I made spaghetti and meatballs using this recipe, and it turned out really good. Griff has requested that I stop buying spaghetti sauce in a jar now. We'll see about that. Sometimes easy trumps good. ;-)

The spaghetti is Izzy-approved!

Love this cupcake stand I found at Costco! The cupcakes turned out yummy! Recipes: chocolate cake, white cake, buttercream frosting

Happy Birthday to Izzy!

She knew exactly what to do with that cupcake. Just like her mama!

Izzy and Paw, her Great-Grandfather

Present time!

We should have just all gotten her wrapping paper and ribbons!

1 comment:

  1. Your spaghetti and meatballs were great. I'm glad you posted the recipe because I planned on asking for it.

    ReplyDelete