Saturday, July 17, 2010

Time Really Does Fly

Izzy is growing like a weed these days. She is almost 17 months old. Crazy!! She took her first steps last month, June 12th to be exact. I have a video on my iPhone of her second day of walking, but I can't for the life of me get it to work on blogger. I had a "she's walking" blog lined up and ready to go, but the world of technology had other plans. Boo!! So, she has been taking steps for about a month now, but her walking has really taken off in the last week. Griff and I went on vacation (more about that in an upcoming post!) for a week, and when we got back, she was a walking fool! He took some video of her tonight, so hopefully I can get it on here soon.


The only thing that Baby Girl hasn't caught up on as quickly as we would like is her speech. She still hasn't said any words, and she isn't making any consonant sounds. We are currently working on getting her set up with a speech therapist, so hopefully we will see some progress soon. She may not be talking, but she can certainly communicate with us. She can be pretty demanding as it is, so I think we might be in trouble when she does start talking.

Our 4th of July was spent at my sister and brother-in-law's house. They have a ton of land with a creek running through it, so it's the perfect spot for a big family picnic. Izzy had fun dipping her toes in the creek with Papa. Unfortunately, her fun ended when the sun went down. Homegirl did not like the fireworks. Everytime they went off, she would freak out, so she slept on mommy in the truck while everyone else enjoyed the show.

Another thing she is not a fan of: the vacuum cleaner. I can't say that I blame her. I'm not a fan of it myself. I was cleaning (yes hubs, I was cleaning) and when the vacuum cleaner made its appearance, Izzy ran for shelter under the table. After seeing what my cleaning does to her, it's obvious the only solution to this problem is to stop cleaning. High-five, Izzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment