Monday, August 2, 2010

¿Dónde?

The hubs and I (and two other couples) were lucky enough to get away to Cabo for a week last month. Papa and Meme were on full-time Izzy duty while we were gone. Bless them! Even though I took 4 semesters of Spanish in college and two years in high school, I can barely string a Spanish sentence together. Sad, I know. But it's more than hubs can do. Our Spanish-speaking travel destinations consist of our now 3 trips to Mexico and one trip to Costa Rica, and he pretty much just yells out ¿Dónde? randomly while we're there, even after my efforts to explain to him that it means "where?" In fact, when our friends picked us up on the way to the airport for our crazy early departure, it was the first thing out of his mouth. Hubs is kind of weird like that sometimes. Anywho, it seemed like an appropriate title for this post.

Back to Cabo. I could definitely get used to that place. Bright sun, zero humidity, cool breezes, endless cocktails...yes, please! I really loved it there. The weather was amazing. You could even wear a light sweater in the evenings. I had a great time relaxing by the pool, reading, people watching, napping, and eating my weight in guacamole. It was heavenly. We also checked out the marina, took a water taxi to Lover's Beach, did some dancing at Cabo Wabo, drove ATVs through the desert, rented jetskis (the boys), and visited the resort spa (the girls). We had a fabulous time, and would go back in a heart beat, if it weren't for one thing...

We missed our baby girl! We were only in Cabo for 5 nights, but because of our crappy flight schedule (6am departing flight, 11pm arrival) we were away from her for 7 nights. That's a long time! I did better than I thought I would. I didn't even cry when we left her at my parents' house. I was a little sad about leaving, but once I was there, I was okay. By the time the last two nights rolled around though, I was definitely ready to see my girl. And of course, whenever I saw a sweet little baby girl, my heart ached to hold mine. We even got busted zooming in on a picture of her sweet face on our digital camera the last night there. Rookie parents! My mom was really good to send emails each night letting us know how Izzy's day went. Mom and Dad had a blast with her, and I even think they were a little sad to hand her back over to us. They each called me on the day we picked her up (not knowing that the other had called) asking when I was bringing her back. Gotta love grandparents. Who wouldn't miss this girl?!?
So, we had a great time and a nice little break, but we've decided to keep the baby-free vacations a little shorter for now. However, Baby Girl is cutting some mean molars that have made the nights around here pretty miserable lately, so I could probably be talked into another 7-night vaca. Hey, Mom and Dad...;-)


Enjoy the pictures! I am too lazy to put them in any certain order.














No comments:

Post a Comment