Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Painting, of the Pumpkin and Face Variety

We took advantage of the nice weather this weekend, and painted some pumpkins outside.  This was a first for us, and Izzy loved it.  I think we've found ourselves a little family tradition.  We bought a big and medium sized pumpkin at a little pumpkin patch near our house a few weeks ago, and then we got an Izzy-sized pumpkin at the big pumpkin patch on Saturday, so we each had our own to decorate. 

I kind of had an idea of what I wanted to do, and my plan was to just let Izzy have at it with her own.  Hubs was a different story.  I thought maybe he would come up with something creative.  Nope.  He thought he could get by with painting three black triangles and a mouth on his pumpkin and be done with it.  He doesn't have a lot of patience for pumpkin painting apparently.  After I told him he got a C for effort, he and Izzy painted his pumpkin pink. 

Such a serious little artist
These next two pics are from my phone, so they aren't great, but look how cute my little family is!
This is where things got messy
Oh, yes she did
The finished products.  Oh, and look - my flowers aren't dead yet.  I must confess that I've only remembered to water them twice.  It's a good thing mother nature has been on their side. 
After hubs took Izzy inside for a bath, I stayed outside and "fixed" everyone's pumpkins. 
I added the polka dots to Griff's and the initials on Izzy's.
You won't find these in a Southern Living magazine, but I think they're pretty cute

Sunday, the firm Griff works for hosted a family picnic.  They had snacks, dinner, a bounce house, outdoor games, a playground, bingo, and of course, face painting.  This was another first for Izzy, and for the life of me, I still don't know how this lady got her to sit so still long enough to paint her face. 
Are you kidding me?  I can't even get this kid to slow down long enough for me to brush her hair

She played her little heart out and came home completely exhausted.  The butterflies are a little smeared, but I wanted to get some pictures before her bath.  She kept saying that she looked like Tinkerbell.
My pretty girl


complete with milk drool

Can you say delirious???

No comments:

Post a Comment