Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Potty Training Drop-Out

Funny Thinking of You Ecard: Never let anyone convince you that failure is not an option because it most certainly is.

Yep, I'd say that about sums up potty training thus far.  You may remember my posts about our first attempt at potty training from a few months ago.  Well, that lasted about two weeks, and I'm here to report that Izzy has been peeing and pooping in her diaper daily since then.  She was just not showing any interest, and I felt like I was fighting a losing battle.  I decided to give her a few months and try, try again.  And here we are.  We started this morning, and so far, she hasn't done anything except pee in her pull-up during nap.  Not off to such a good start, but I'm trying to remain calm.  M&M's and Skittles are on stand-by for any successes she may have (if hubs and I don't finish them off first).  Wine is in the fridge for when she goes to sleep.  And all of you people who keep telling me she won't go to kindergarten in diapers better be right.

2 comments:

  1. I would like to share your confusion on this topic. In fact, I literally was going to text you today because we went to Target to get some "prizes" and Cailyn was all pumped and ready. Nada. Sigh. Remember that school for kids who pee their pants we talked about????.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the girls are plotting against us so they can end up at the same school together.

    ReplyDelete