Monday, December 12, 2011

The Big Easy

I feel so behind.  I'm reading all the blogs I follow and they are showing off Christmas decorations, crafts, recipes, etc..., and I want to jump on the bandwagon.  I decided a few weeks ago I was going to try a little "12 Days of Christmas" series.  I searched google and found several of these blog challenges, but none that I loved, so as I do quite often, I made up my own rules.  So, get ready for a Christmas explosion starting tomorrow.  But for now, let's chat about our weekend, shall we.

One of Griff's coworkers got married in New Orleans on Saturday, so we decided to go and make a long weekend out of it. We had a great time, although I will say that NOLA has more than their fair share of crazies. I mean craaazy. We had lots of time to explore the French Quarter, including the French Market, Jackson Square, Canal Street, etc., took the St. Charles street car to Uptown, went on a Hurricane Katrina tour (very interesting and informative, but could have been shorter), sampled the Hurricanes at Pat O's, and of course, indulged in some delicious Cajun food. The wedding was beautiful, the church was insanely gorgeous, and the reception was a ton of fun. Great weekend, but as always, I'm glad to be back in the groove at home.











No comments:

Post a Comment