Monday, January 9, 2012

The Mantel Dilemma

I had so much fun decorating my mantel for Fall and Christmas this year.











But now that all the decorations have been put away, it's pretty pathetic looking. 

It got even more pathetic after I moved the candelabra to the tv cabinet.  (Hubs hung the tv on the wall, so the cabinet was bare and screaming for something just that size.)



So, like all the great decorators , I googled, "How to decorate a mantel," and found this for inspiration.

I gathered things I had around the house, and put this together. 

I've been living with this for about a week now.  I don't hate it, but it definitely needs to be tweaked.  I'm hoping there's a kid-free trip to HomeGoods in my near future.  I'm also considering moving a big round mirror from my entry way here and adding some wall sconces on each side.  I can already picture the head shake and eye roll from hubs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment