Thursday, May 31, 2012

Izzyisms

My sweet girl is not a baby anymore.  Somewhere along the way, she has turned into this precious little girl who cracks me up on a daily basis.  I thought I better write down some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth before I forget. 
"Helping" daddy with the flower beds. 

Passed out in the back seat on the way to the zoo.


1. Not to brag, but we went to Applebee's for dinner the other night.  Ha!  Anyway, she ordered Kraft mac and cheese.  Yep, the same kind we make from the box at home, but this kind cost $3.99.  She took one bite and said, "Now, that's what I call macaroni and cheese!"

2. Everytime we come home, as soon as we walk through the garage door, she closes it behind us and says, "Whew, that was a close one!"

3. The first morning Harper was home with us, I went into her room, picked her up, and said, "Well hello, princess!"  Izzy was not a fan.  She quickly responded, "She is not a princess!  I am!" 

4. Aside from the above comment, Izzy loves Harper.  Almost every day, she gives her a kiss and says, "I really love my baby sissy." 

5. We pray together after reading books every night.  We say our standard little prayer together, and then I ask her if she wants to thank God for anything.  Her list usually goes like this: Play-doh, Bubba (cousin Lane), KK (cousin Katelynn), various grandparents, and an occasional mention of Mommy, Daddy, or baby sissy.  But the other night, unprompted, she said, "Thank you God for my Mommy."  Melt...

6. Hubs was going to rock her to sleep a few weeks ago, so she came to tell me goodnight.  She held my face, gave me a kiss, and said, "And they lived happily ever after."

7. She loves playing at the park, and she gets REALLY excited when other kids are there.  Everytime a new one walks up, she screams, "Yay!  A friend to play with me!"  Then she runs over to them and says, "I Izzy!"

On our way to Disney on Ice to see the princesses
Sisterly Love: both of their expressions are cracking me up

8. I'm not sure where she got this line, but she started saying, "Go away, dirty rats!" while she is pretend playing.  Normal? 

9. We met some friends at McDonald's for storytime, then had lunch and played afterwards.  She had a great time, and didn't want to leave.  When it was time to go, she said, "I don't want to leave Chicken Donalds."  She still calls it that, and I don't even correct her because it's too cute. 

10.  We have been working on potty training lately, so I have my own little cheerleader everytime I have to use the restroom.  "Go Mommy, go Mommy, go Mommy!  Good girl, Mommy!"  I gotta say, it does make me feel pretty accomplished.

11. She is obsessed with Disney's Cars and Cars 2 and all the toys that go with it. She loves saying, "Ka-Chow!"  Last week, we were at my Nanny and Paw's house, and she was pushing cars over a ramp with Paw whilst wearing a tutu.  Sums up my girl right there. 

12. She has started imaginary play lately, and she has full on conversations between her toys.  It's hilarious.  The other day, I overheard one of her toys saying thank you to the other.  The response was, "It's my pleasure."  Too many trips to Chick fil a, perhaps?

13. She loves the Cuddle Up-It's and Pillow Pets commercial.  Everytime they come on, she runs to get her Pillow Pet or blanket (we pretend it's a Cuddle Up-It) and dances along.

14. Lately, she has been asking for her music (Disney songs I added to the crapped out iphone, or the Disney station on Pandora) more than tv, which is very nice.  She loves dancing around in her playroom, especially to music from Lion King, Cars, and Tangled.  Hakuna Matata is a house favorite. 

Those dimples kill me

What'd I tell ya?  Wearing a fancy dress, but still holding on to Lightning McQueen and Finn McMissile.

No comments:

Post a Comment