Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days of Fall Favorites :: Day 10 Easy Apple Cobbler

I have been purposely avoiding trying out any new fall desserts due to the fact that we have a little weekend cruise to the Bahamas with Griff's work coming up soon.  But when I found this little gem on Pinterest, I decided, "Screw it.  That's what cover-ups were made for."  Can I get an amen?
 
Here is the original recipe.  I followed it almost exactly - all I did was cut the butter to 1 1/2 sticks.  You know, keepin' it healthy. ;-)   
 
 
The ingredients.  If you are against boxes and cans, this is not your recipe.  Also, I'm not sure we can be friends.  Only kidding.


Step 1 - dump apples into a greased 9x13 pan


Step 2 - Dump cake mix on top of apples


Step 3 - Pour melted butter on top of cake mix and apples


Step 4 - bake at 350 for 45-60 min.  It took mine a little over 60. 
Don't you worry about that missing corner.  Quality control at work, people.

This recipe couldn't be easier.  Seriously, a monkey could do it.  And it is quite tasty.  The only thing missing is some vanilla ice cream.  And maybe some chopped pecans.  I will be honest though.  I wouldn't actually call this a cobbler.  It's more of a dump cake.  My mom makes a very similar one with cherry pie filling and crushed pineapples.  I just say that because if you are looking for a true, homemade-tasting cobbler, you might be disappointed.  But if you are like me and you're just looking for a quick and easy dessert, you will love it.  Now excuse me while I continue my quality inspection whilst perusing the internet for skirted one-piece swimsuits.  Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment