Friday, September 6, 2013

House Progress


The last picture I posted of the new house was pre-foundation, so I thought I would post some pics of the progress.  It's coming along, and so far, so good.  Everyone has horror stories to share from their building process, but we've been really pleased.  There are a LOT of decisions to make along the way, which I think are fun, but hubs does not share that feeling.  We have a third (and hopefully final) meeting tomorrow to nail down our tile options.  Brick/rock should go up soon, cabinets have been designed, plumbing fixtures and appliances have been selected, and countertops have been chosen (not the exact slabs yet, but the colors).  Next on the list is selecting paint colors and shopping for lighting fixtures.  Again...fun for me, beat down for hubs. I've got lots of ideas in mind, so hopefully these selections will be somewhat easy.  Now for some pics.  The first two are from several weeks ago, and the rest are from last week.
 
G drove out bright and early to check out the slab being poured.  The truck is right in front of our back porch.
 
 
 
View from the front door.  To the left is an office, and the right, a dining room. 

 

Dining room windows

Living room.  Photobomb by Harper.


The kitchen is off to the right of the living room.  It will have a bank of cabinets across the back and right walls, and a big island in the center.  This is probably the room I'm most excited about.

My crazy girls dancing in the breakfast room.
 
There she is.  The front porch will look different once it's bricked.  Those openings won't be so tall and squared - they will come down quite a bit and be arched at the top.  It's fun to see it take shape.

5 comments:

  1. I had to go out to Stuard and drove through your new neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how close we are to the school! How are you liking your new job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from Erin's blog, Sunny Side Up. I just think you are so sweet and your family is just precious!!! Congrats on the new build.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen! I had to pop over when I read you were building! Your home is absolutely beautiful!! Building is the best and the worst, right? :) So happy for you and your family. I can tell your house is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thanks ladies! It's always so fun and exciting to see comments from new people! We are very excited about the house! Maybe it will inspire me to get back to this blogging thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete