Monday, January 20, 2014

Moody Monday

It's 7:20 a.m., and my children are still asleep.  I've already had some quiet time, and now I'm writing a blog post while watching the sunrise.  Who do I think I am??  I'll tell you who I am.  I'm a mama whose baby woke her up at 5:30.  I hid under my covers, hoping she would go back to sleep, but no luck.  She needed mama to rock her back to dreamland.  I have really been wanting to change my morning routine to get up early and do these things, but sleep just always wins.  I'm actually kind of glad Harper woke me up this morning.  It is super nice to have a quiet house to yourself in the morning.  Turns out His plans are better than mine.  I can't guarantee this will become a habit, but I will admit those morning people do have a point.




Okay, so when we were selecting paint colors for the house and Izzy chose purple??  I'm not going to lie.  It gave me a bit of anxiety.  I'm not mad at purple, but it's definitely not a wall color I would pick.  I probably could have swayed her to a different color, or even just one wall of purple, but every time I asked her about it, she always said purple.  She knew exactly what she wanted, so I decided it was important to honor her request and embrace the purple.  I knew I had done the right thing when upon seeing her purple room for the first time, she gasped and did three twirls in the center of the room.  Perfection!  Her joy was definitely worth the design compromise.

Pretty much every room in this house is unfinished (decor-wise), so unfortunately, Izzy's room is not a priority and probably won't happen for awhile, but since kids' rooms are so fun to decorate, I decided to make a mood board for her room.  I think this is a nice compromise for the purple walls.  Just because the walls are purple doesn't mean everything in the room has to be purple.  I'm hoping to get to her room sometime this year, and this will be a nice way to take it from "little girl room" to "bigger little girl room."  Because you know, I refuse to admit she's growing up.


The background is her wall color.  I love all the bright colors, and I think she will too.  Um yeah...I haven't gotten her approval on this, so who knows if it will fly.  Fingers crossed.  The artwork gallery in the bottom right corner is from Etsy.  I love it, but I'm hoping to find something with a touch of green to tie into the side table.  

These boards are fun to create, and should be really helpful when it comes time to actually do the room.  I'm hoping to make one for several other rooms in the house, and my goal is to post them on Mondays.  We shall see.  

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could push myself to get up earlier to do this very thing. Unfortunately sleep wins for me, too.

    ReplyDelete