Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chalk Painted Console Table

You may recall from this post and this post that I was planning to give some of our furniture a little makeover.  I started with this console table in our entry.  I bought it at Kirkland's about 2 years ago.  In fact, they still sell it here.  It just wasn't working for me in this house, so instead of buying a replacement, I decided to make it work.  

The first thing we did was remove the decorative metal work on the back of the table, and that alone was a huge improvement.  After three coats of Annie Sloan's French Linen, and two thin coats of Annie Sloan Clear Wax, the ol' table is looking pretty fresh.  

Here she is before.  

And here she is after.

I probably should put some photos in those frames, huh?  And I still need to get some little wood plugs for the holes the metal scroll left behind.  Details, schmetails.

The tray, frames, and pillow (borrowed from the couch) are the only recent purchases, and they are all from Target.  Is anyone surprised?  I am not 100% happy with the lamp or the little vase, but they will do until I find a better replacement.

Amazing what some paint and some fresh accessories can do, isn't it?

I will have another chalk paint project to share soon - if it doesn't kill me first.  I will just say that this console table was much easier and faster than painting a dining table and eight chairs.  The chairs are taking FOR. EVER.

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! You gave it a whole new fresh look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hayley! I am happy with how it turned out!

      Delete