Monday, August 25, 2014

Oh, Hey There!

Well, it's been a bit, hasn't it.   Life hasn't been particularly crazy or busy lately, just your normal amount of crazy and busy.  Honestly, I just haven't had the motivation/urge/need/whatever you want to call it to blog lately.  I hope that is about to change though because I really do enjoy blogging and following along with other bloggers.  In a few weeks when the girls head back to school, I will be finding myself with 8 hours a week sans children for the first time since we brought Harper home.  The plan is to get some necessities done during that time (think cleaning and grocery shopping alone) and still leave a little time for things that are just for me, blogging being one of them.  But let's be honest, I may just spin in circles the entire first day as a side effect of over-excitement and having not a clue what to do with myself.  Only time will tell.

Our summer has been filled with a bunch of lazy days in our pajamas (a family favorite), a family trip to Sea World, an anniversary trip to San Francisco/Calistoga for mommy and daddy, a week of Zoo camp, a 3-day Back to School Bootcamp, a fun day of Frozen Camp, several fun birthday parties and playdates, mornings at the gym, trips to the museum, water park, movie theater, mall playground, and lots of crafting.

As summers go, I'd say we pretty much nailed this one.  Now bring on the cooler temps, pumpkin spice lattes, and all things fall!

Izzy was afraid people would think they were twins.  

Frozen camp with our sweet neighbor friend.  I think they had fun. ;)

The zoo train is always a hit.  Those eyes.

She's not into coloring books, but she does like to draw.  Hearts and rainbows are a house favorite.

Haha.  I sent this pic to my girlfriends when I was at the gym, as we have discussed these commercials.  What exactly is transvaginal mesh, and how does one get it?  So many questions...
These sweet moments don't last long.  Gotta get that pic while you can. 

Sea World with cousins.  That look Harper is giving to Casen kills me.

Harper's line up of school shoes.  snif snif...
No summer is complete without a little Nordstrom anniversary sale shopping.  
That little blow-up slide/pool was quite possibly our best summer purchase.  At $39, I'd say we got our money's worth.

This just makes me laugh.


2 comments:

  1. Your girls are precious!!! Enjoy your time with both girls in school. J starts tomorrow, and since I am not working yet, I have some time to myself. I am pretty excited, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hayley! Yay for mama-time! ;)

      Delete