Monday, October 13, 2014

Layered Frames

We checked a bunch of stuff off our to-do list this weekend, and it feels good!  One of the major players was the dining room frame wall.  You may recall my indecisive template OCD from this post a few weeks ago.

I decided to go with Option #2.  Here's a reminder of what that layout looked like.  

I really liked the 2x2 and 3x3 grids, but I started to worry that there would be too much grid going on with the frames and our feature wall...a thought that didn't even cross my mind until I taped the templates up on the wall.  OCD for the win.  

It's a miracle that our marriage survived this little project.  These babies were a pain to hang, but SO worth it.  I love the way it turned out, and I'm so happy I don't have to stare at that blank wall anymore! 



I was planning on putting black and white photos of the girls in the big frames, but then I remembered that I had these 8x10 prints from one of the Me & My Big Ideas Art Pad I picked up at Michael's.  I know I've talked about these art pads before, but you guys, these are regularly $14.99 and they were 70% off at Michael's a few weeks ago.  Umm, that's like $4.50 by my math.  Crazy.  These prints were just going to be a temporary filler until I ordered the photos, but we are kind of digging them, so I think they will stay awhile.  The center frame is holding a Julia Child quote that I just found online and printed until I can find something I like better.   


This is the pad that has the pig and cow prints.  I really didn't have a plan for any of these prints, but apparently I'll buy anything for $4.50.  Luckily it worked out in this case.


No comments:

Post a Comment