Izzy recently had her 6-month check-up, which included 5 shots plus blood work. Poor baby, I felt so bad for her. She handled it really well though, only cried for a little bit, but oh, did she cry! She got an excellent report, and she weighs a hefty 12 pounds. Couldn’t ask for more!
We are going to Cook Children’s on Wednesday for a repeat swallow study. The first study was done while she was still in the NICU, and that’s how we found out she was aspirating and needed Simply Thick added to her milk. We’re hoping this study will show that she can swallow safely without the thickener. Keep your fingers crossed!




Happy six months Izzy! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Got your card too, it's very pretty.
ReplyDelete~Leah
*fingers crossed*
ReplyDeleteYou are growing up so fast, can't believe you were 1 lb. 9 oz. What a remarkable little girl you are. You are so beautiful, I've got to meet you before winter gets here, because I'm like you, have to stay away from those nasty germs. Love to all.
ReplyDeleteAuntie Karen