We took advantage of the nice weather this weekend, and painted some pumpkins outside. This was a first for us, and Izzy loved it. I think we've found ourselves a little family tradition. We bought a big and medium sized pumpkin at a little pumpkin patch near our house a few weeks ago, and then we got an Izzy-sized pumpkin at the big pumpkin patch on Saturday, so we each had our own to decorate.
I kind of had an idea of what I wanted to do, and my plan was to just let Izzy have at it with her own. Hubs was a different story. I thought maybe he would come up with something creative. Nope. He thought he could get by with painting three black triangles and a mouth on his pumpkin and be done with it. He doesn't have a lot of patience for pumpkin painting apparently. After I told him he got a C for effort, he and Izzy painted his pumpkin pink.
 |
| Such a serious little artist |
 |
| These next two pics are from my phone, so they aren't great, but look how cute my little family is! |
 |
This is where things got messy
|
 |
| Oh, yes she did |
 |
| The finished products. Oh, and look - my flowers aren't dead yet. I must confess that I've only remembered to water them twice. It's a good thing mother nature has been on their side. |
 |
After hubs took Izzy inside for a bath, I stayed outside and "fixed" everyone's pumpkins.
I added the polka dots to Griff's and the initials on Izzy's. |
 |
| You won't find these in a Southern Living magazine, but I think they're pretty cute |
Sunday, the firm Griff works for hosted a family picnic. They had snacks, dinner, a bounce house, outdoor games, a playground, bingo, and of course, face painting. This was another first for Izzy, and for the life of me, I still don't know how this lady got her to sit so still long enough to paint her face.
 |
Are you kidding me? I can't even get this kid to slow down long enough for me to brush her hair
|
She played her little heart out and came home completely exhausted. The butterflies are a little smeared, but I wanted to get some pictures before her bath. She kept saying that she looked like Tinkerbell.
 |
| My pretty girl |
 |
| complete with milk drool |
 |
| Can you say delirious??? |
No comments:
Post a Comment