Recipe from Honey Bear Lane, originally adapted from allrecipes.com:
1-3 Salmon fillets
1/4 C brown sugar (I only use 2 tablespoons)
2 T lemon juice
1 t black pepper
2 t salt (I only use 1 teaspoon)
1/4 C soy sauce
1/4 C olive oil
1/8 C water
2-3 cloves minced garlic
Dump all ingredients in a plastic baggie, add in salmon, and marinate for at least an hour. Make little foil packets/boats for the fillets (we make individual boats) and pour on remaining marinade. Grill for about 20 minutes. The recipe says to take the salmon out of the foil packet and put it directly on the grill for the past few minutes, but ours is always falling apart too much to survive directly on the grill, so we just skip that step. I didn't say it was pretty. I said it was good.
I haven't tried this in the oven, but I'm guessing it would have similar results. We use the frozen salmon fillets from Costco, and they work great. I like serving broccoli with this, and a little macaroni and cheese never hurt anybody. Let me know if you try it!




No comments:
Post a Comment