I decided to go with Option #2. Here's a reminder of what that layout looked like.
I really liked the 2x2 and 3x3 grids, but I started to worry that there would be too much grid going on with the frames and our feature wall...a thought that didn't even cross my mind until I taped the templates up on the wall. OCD for the win.
It's a miracle that our marriage survived this little project. These babies were a pain to hang, but SO worth it. I love the way it turned out, and I'm so happy I don't have to stare at that blank wall anymore!
I was planning on putting black and white photos of the girls in the big frames, but then I remembered that I had these 8x10 prints from one of the Me & My Big Ideas Art Pad I picked up at Michael's. I know I've talked about these art pads before, but you guys, these are regularly $14.99 and they were 70% off at Michael's a few weeks ago. Umm, that's like $4.50 by my math. Crazy. These prints were just going to be a temporary filler until I ordered the photos, but we are kind of digging them, so I think they will stay awhile. The center frame is holding a Julia Child quote that I just found online and printed until I can find something I like better.
This is the pad that has the pig and cow prints. I really didn't have a plan for any of these prints, but apparently I'll buy anything for $4.50. Luckily it worked out in this case.





No comments:
Post a Comment