I have been purposely avoiding trying out any new fall desserts due to the fact that we have a little weekend cruise to the Bahamas with Griff's work coming up soon. But when I found this little gem on Pinterest, I decided, "Screw it. That's what cover-ups were made for." Can I get an amen?
Here is the original recipe. I followed it almost exactly - all I did was cut the butter to 1 1/2 sticks. You know, keepin' it healthy. ;-)
The ingredients. If you are against boxes and cans, this is not your recipe. Also, I'm not sure we can be friends. Only kidding.
Step 1 - dump apples into a greased 9x13 pan
Step 2 - Dump cake mix on top of apples
Step 3 - Pour melted butter on top of cake mix and apples
Step 4 - bake at 350 for 45-60 min. It took mine a little over 60.
Don't you worry about that missing corner. Quality control at work, people.
This recipe couldn't be easier. Seriously, a monkey could do it. And it is quite tasty. The only thing missing is some vanilla ice cream. And maybe some chopped pecans. I will be honest though. I wouldn't actually call this a cobbler. It's more of a dump cake. My mom makes a very similar one with cherry pie filling and crushed pineapples. I just say that because if you are looking for a true, homemade-tasting cobbler, you might be disappointed. But if you are like me and you're just looking for a quick and easy dessert, you will love it. Now excuse me while I continue my quality inspection whilst perusing the internet for skirted one-piece swimsuits. Holla.




No comments:
Post a Comment