I was checking out
Decor Chick!, one of my favorite blogs, and I came across
this fall wreath tutorial. I wasn't really even planning on making a new fall wreath, but I decided I had to try this out. Harper and I headed to Hobby Lobby the very next day while Izzy was at school to get all the supplies. If you are in need of a nice wreath, I definitely recommend making one instead of buying an overpriced pre-made one. The supplies for this one were about $30. You may even have some of the supplies on hand to bring the cost down.
 |
| I started with a grapevine wreath, floral wire, two stands of garland, and a few pics |
 |
| An adorable assistant is not mandatory, but highly recommended |
 |
| I used the floral wire to secure the garland. I ended up cutting off about 1/3 of the second strand. You could definitely get by with only one strand, but your wreath won't be as full. I hot glued some of the stray leaves into place, and then glued the pics and pumpkins (which I already had) into place. Easy peasy - took less than 30 minutes. |
 |
| Not too shabby, eh? |
I love me some wreaths. Next fall decor project to check off the list is painted pumpkins. Hopefully we can tackle that one this weekend.
I tried really hard to come up with a snooty comment about your craftiness. It seems I'm all out. So I'll settle for this...it appears you are winning this bet "fo shiz" and I am merely an awestruck blog-reader. Sigh......
ReplyDeleteI just read your blog post and cracked up! I should definitely take notes from you and kick the junk out of my diet...after the holidays, of course. ;-) Love your new blog design!
ReplyDelete