Friday, January 14, 2011

Big Girl




Everyone was right when they said that time goes by so fast when you have kids. I honestly don't know how it happened, but my baby has turned into a little girl. She is such a sweetheart, and she brings so much joy to my life. She loves to give hugs and kisses, and it's so sweet when she pats your back while she's giving a hug. She is also a very stubborn and opinionated toddler, so I won't pretend that every moment is rainbows and lollipops, but her sweet moments definitely outnumber the ugly moments.



Izzy visits her Speech Therapist at a Cooks outpatient facility twice a month. She has made a lot of progress in the past month. Not sure if the progress is credited to the therapy, or just time, but we are happy either way. She jabbers all day in a language we can't understand, but she does have a list of words that she can say pretty clearly:


Dada
Mama
Bye-Bye
Hi
Uh-Oh
Clock
Dog
Ball
Duck
Papa (my dad)
Bubba (Lane)

Brrr
Dare = There
Dor = Dora
Boo = Boots


She also points to things and kind of grunts or says "dat" as if she is asking, "what's that?" Her therapist said that she usually sees a speech explosion after kids start asking you to label things like that. I have a feeling I won't be able to shut her up pretty soon. That's okay though. There's nothing sweeter than the sound of her little voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment