Sunday, January 9, 2011

Let's Try This Again, Shall We?


Along with the rest of the world, I would like to lose 10 pounds this year. More specifically, I would like to lose 10 pounds by March 4. You see, I turn 30 on that day, and I want one less thing to cry about.


I'm still 10 pounds heavier than I was in my pre-baby days. Seeing how Izzy is rapidly approaching her 2nd birthday, the baby weight excuse has just about expired. And let's be honest, I can hardly blame a 10 pound weight gain on a 1 pound baby. I can however blame a 10 pound weight gain on my recent love of leggings and Nutella. As far as I'm concerned the devil sent both of them into my life, knowing I wouldn't have the willpower to turn away. Seriously, how amazingly comfortable are leggings? It's the closest thing to pajamas that you can actually wear outside your home. The problem with leggins though is the elastic waist. Those extra pounds can sneak up on you quickly, and before you know it, you go to try your favorite jeans on, and you've got yourself a muffin top. And Nutella? Please, sinfully delicious. I have always loved it, but have fought the temptation to bring it into my home until about a month ago, and since then I have been enjoying my 110 calorie bagel with a heaping scoop of Nutella spread across it everyday for breakfast. I look forward to it in an unhealthy kind of way. Hubs and I have joked that he is going to come home one day to find me face down in the Nutella jar, after I've eaten myself into a hazelnut coma.


Back to my weight loss goal. I had my workouts all planned out last week - all 6 of them. Well, it's the end of the week, and I've completed 3 workouts. And with the snow today, my household has officially deemed it Fat Pants Day, so there will be no workouts today either. My lack of workouts, coupled with the fact that I'm eating a twizzler while writing this blog, have not put a dent in the extra poundage. This brings me to the point of this blog. I am going to post my workout schedule for this week, with the hope that making my goals public (i.e. for my family and the other two people who might actually read my blog to see) will hold me accountable and guilt me into following through with them. If I fail, I will have to come back next week and tell you my sob story and what a failure I am, and nobody wants to hear that. So, without further ado, here's the plan:


Monday: Gym - Tempo Run - 45 min

Tuesday: Gym - RIPPED class (kind of scared about this one)

Wednesday: Run 3 miles

Thursday: Gym - Turbo Kick class

Friday: Gym - Boot Camp class

Satuday/Sunday: Run 3 miles one day/Rest the other day


This is a gym-heavy week since the temps are supposed to be pretty cold - too cold to take Izzy for a run with me, so her cooperation in the gym childcare center is crucial. Let's hope she cooperates. Jillian Michael's DVDs at home will be my back-up, and that lady ain't no joke. In addition to the workouts, I'm going to attempt 200 crunches and 100 50* push-ups everyday. I'm not going to lie...I'm scared.


Here's hoping for a little accountability and motivation this week!


*Clearly the Nutella has gone to my head. After my first attempt at 100 push-ups some consideration, I've decided that 100 push-ups is a bit much. 50 might be a little more reasonable.

4 comments:

  1. This post made me want a Twizzler (prob shouldn't have been what I got out of it but it is what it is) Sigh..... Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one of the non-family members reading the blog... Best of luck/motivation on the workout schedule. I have written my schedule as well, but it is more of a ramp-up plan instead of 6 workouts in the first week. The goal is to be at 5 workouts per week by Feb. Let's do it!

    Christine Hooten Cruz
    Friend of Jane's through my stepmom, Rhonda Hooten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I have a few Twizzlers left, but you better get here quickly. I can't guarantee that they will last much longer.

    Christine - thanks for reading, and good luck with the workouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The people who love you love you, and the ones who don't don't matter. In a few years you'll look back at current photos and wonder why worried so much about taking off ten pounds. You look marvelous just the way you are. But, after reading your blog, I'm glad I never liked Nutella. I have enough problems.

    ReplyDelete