Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Dentist and Dancing

We had ourselves a busy little day yesterday.  Izzy and Harper both had dental appointments in the morning, and since this was our first visit to a new dentist, and Harper's first trip ever, I recruited help from Griff.  When we walked in and Frozen was playing, I knew things were looking up.  Turns out, I didn't even need help.  The girls were so good, and I was so proud of both of them.  Everyone went on and on about well behaved they were.   The dentist even double checked Harper's age with me because he said she was acting like such a good girl and being so cooperative.  There have been so many outings lately that involve terrible behavior from the girls and result in me wishing the ground would open up and swallow me whole, so I was just so thankful for a smooth and successful visit.  No tears and no cavities.  Crushed it.




The girls also started dance yesterday.  They were so adorable in their outfits.  Izzy's class started first, and I literally had to peel her off of me to get her into her classroom.  She is very clingy in new situations, but luckily her teacher noticed her reluctance, and scooped her away very sweetly, insisting that she needed a helper, and I was able to make a quick getaway.  Harper, on the other hand?  Walked straight into her classroom, quickly found the mirror, and started running circles.  Both girls seem to really enjoy their classes, and are excited to go back next week.  Guess I'm a dance mom now.  Oh, boy.


And to celebrate the 30 minutes of downtime I have when their classes overlap, I sure did stop by Starbucks and treat myself to my first PSL of the season, and it did not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment