Friday, February 18, 2011

Hello, my name is Jennifer and I'm addicted to holiday clearance sales...

I went to Target today to pick up some fruit snacks for Izzy's birthday party. This is what I came home with...

Jackpot!

If you look closely, you can see the box of fruit snacks. All the Valentine's stuff was 75% off, so I got a ton of stuff that doesn't necessarily look Valentine-ish. I don't know what it is about these clearance sales, but I just can't resist. I should mention that this photo was taken after I gave my mom a few things I picked up, and that there were a handful of other impulse purchases that didn't make it into the photo like some $1.50 leggings (clearly I'm still hitting the Nutella hard), a clearance cardigan, and a few other random things. Oh, the shame!

These throws were $2.50. I bought 8 of them. The show Hoarders comes to mind...

I'm pretty excited about this. A shower curtain, bathroom rug, and 4 hand towels for $10! Might have to give Izzy's bathroom a makeover. (Not sure why this photo is sideways, and I'm too lazy to figure it out...)
Stupid fruit snacks.

4 comments:

  1. It appears we suffer from the same ailment. I often find myself with cartloads of items like these and then explaining to my husband that it would be absolute INSANITY to NOT partake in such fabulous savings. Come on....(let's hit the Easter clearance together....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm game for a good Easter clearance sale! :-)

    I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with all this stuff, but Izzy's bathroom is looking pretty cute! Hubs was giving me a hard time about what I spent, and I was quick to point out what I had SAVED. He wasn't amused. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our needlework group we have a saying, "Shoulda bought 'em all!" That's when we find a bargain like your throws, buy five or six, show them to the bee, and everyone wants one, but there are no more. So, are you sure eight throws were enough? Shoulda bought 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, I will admit that I had the urge to go back for more...

    ReplyDelete