Sunday, February 20, 2011

New Words

We have seen a lot of progress with Izzy's speech in the past week. She has a few new words to add to her previous list:

Meme

Nana

Pop-Pop

KK

Baby

Ball

Poo-Poo (didn't know she knew this one, and I asked, "Izzy, did you go poo-poo?" Sure enough, she repeated me. ;-)

Fly

Night Night

Dog

Star

Go

Choo Choo, which she pronounces as caca :-/

Car (sometimes Go-Go)

There are probably a few more I can't remember right now. It's so exciting to see her finally figuring out this whole speaking thing! She started calling us by name in the last week, too, which is just precious. In the past, she would name us if asked, but now she just goes around saying, mama and dada all day without having to be asked or prompted. She mostly says mama, to be honest. And she especially likes to call for mama when she is unhappy or from her bed when she wakes up. I have to say, hearing mama from her sweet little voice has definitely improved my response time. ;-) I'm woking on teaching her how to say "I'm two" in time for her big birthday next week!

Fingers crossed that these videos work...

2 comments:

  1. The big eyeball looking in the phone camera is a bit creepy, but I think she said "thank you" right after you said it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is definitely catching on quickly these days. Her speech therapist is going to be excited when we see her on Friday!

    ReplyDelete