Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Little Lady Turns Two

My baby is two years old. How did this happen? I think I can honestly say that these were the quickest 2 years of my life. I can also say that they have been the best 2 years of my life. She is just the sweetest little thing with the best personality. I am constantly asking Griff, "Is it just me, or is she the cutest baby you've ever seen???" Of course, he always agrees with me.
As I've posted recently, her vocabulary has really taken off lately, and she is just a little sponge these days. We saw Izzy's neurologist for a check-up last month, and he was very pleased with her progress. He said to her, "How'd you get to be this way? There are so many reasons why you shouldn't be doing this well. " I think we all know how she got to be this way. She has a rockstar mom. Kidding!! Not a day goes by that we don't thank our God for all of the obstacles He has carried Izzy thru. I think it is safe to say that Isabelle is a normal 2-year-old with normal 2-year-old behavior - good and bad. ;-)
We had her birthday party at The Little Gym this year, and she had a blast. She goes there once a week, so naturally, she ran around like she owned the place.



There wasn't much in the way of decorations, but I did make this little banner.
I made way too many cookies, as usual, and mom helped me decorate them. For our first actual attempt at decorating sugar cookies, I think they turned out pretty cute, especially from a distance. Upon closer inspection, you might guess that Izzy decorated them. :-/
The party favor bags. I told myself I wasn't even going to mess with party favors this year, and then I saw this adorable idea for favor bags online, and there you have it. Hubs was an excellent helper with these bags.
And here is the most adorable cake on the planet, made by the very talented Tracy Agren. It tasted even better than it looked, if you can believe that. We ended up with some leftover cake (even after sending family home with some), and after picking at it all morning following the party, I told hubs to get it out of the house before I made myself sick. Izzy cried as he took it away, and I may have shed a tear or two, too.
My big girl! Thanks for the adorable shirt, Auntie K! And thanks for the super cute piggy bows, Becca!

She's finally getting comfortable on the big balance beam. When we first started, she wouldn't even put her feet down on it.
Loving being the center of attention!

She can do the little beam all by herself. Show off!

Bubbles!
Her favorite snacks - strawberries, blueberries, and goldfish crackers
Here she is clapping for everyone as they sing happy birthday to her. Such a sweetie pie.
Mmm....cake
Gothic baby

We decided not to open gifts at the party so that the kids would have extra playtime in the gym.

Kinda glad we did. This is what a 2-year-old opening gifts looks like.


Happy birthday to the best girl I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment