Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

This was my first Mother's Day as a mom of two, and it was just about perfect.  I had the whole day to myself on Saturday, so I got a massage and then met up with my girlfriends for lunch, drinks, and shopping.  Did I mention I have the best husband ever?  It's true - I gotta good one!  Spending all day with the kids must have caused him temporary insanity though, because he forgot that I was out shopping (while I was out shopping) and so I was surprised with shopping money on Sunday morning.  I'm not going to argue with that!  I also got some cute little bath goodies from the girls and a sweet card with both of their handprints in it. 

Our day started off when we went to Blue Mesa with Griff's parents for brunch.  Everything was delicious, and I ate entirely too much.  Nothing new there.  I squeezed in a solo run Sunday afternoon, which is a luxury these days, then got cleaned up to meet my family for dinner.  After dinner, we took the kids to the park so they could burn off some energy.  Then we headed home, hubs bathed both babies, and I watched 4 episodes of Girls on HBO.  Highly inappropriate, but quite possibly my new favorite show.  Mother's Day is quickly becoming my favorite day of the year. ;-)  Oh, and please note the pasta necklace I'm wearing proudly in the last photo.  Sure did wear that bad boy to dinner.  Mother of the year?  I think so.








1 comment:

  1. Oh just wait....a pic this week with my "new Crayola Model Magic" earrings handmade by one, Camryn Samuel, is coming your way....be jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete