Monday, May 5, 2014

Dining Table Chalk Paint Makeover

Well, it only took about 3 months, but the dining table is finally D.O.N.E.  As a reminder, a few pics of the table in its original state.  




Here is the inspiration board I created for this room.

And here she is today.


I gotta say, this felt like the never ending project, but I'm really happy with the end result.  I can't officially call this room complete until we get a new buffet, mirror, and wall decor for the empty wall opposite the bay window, but the table makeover and the new curtains will tide me over until then.  

Sources:
White paint for table - Annie Sloan Old White
Curtains - World Market
Captain Chairs - World Market
Curtain Rod and Clips - Lowes - link isn't working, but it's the Allen + Roth Meridian Bronze Metal Curtain Rod with coordinating clips


5 comments:

  1. That looks great!! I love Annie Sloan chalkpaint - I've redone a desk and entry table with it & it's amazing stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I agree, the Annie Sloan paint is pretty great.

      Delete
  2. I love your dining room!!! The table is great, but I really love your light fixture and the detailing on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hayley! Those are my favorite things in the room, too! I felt like the table was not meshing well with the wall and chandelier before. Now they're friends. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jen, I just came across your blog. What a beautiful family and by the way, I have a passionate love for Jesus as well :) Do you mind sharing where you got your light fixture? I'm looking for this in black. Also a have a much smaller dining room. Do you think the fixture gives off enough light? Thanks do much!

    ReplyDelete