Sunday, January 17, 2010

First My Memory, Now My Eyesight...


So, I have been blaming my lack of memory on "mommy brain" for quite a while now. These days, if I don't write it down, there's a good chance I will forget it. It seems mommyhood has struck again. Or, maybe it's age, but mommyhood is a convenient excuse, so let's go with that. I've gone 28 years without needing glasses or contacts, but it now seems that my eyesight has decided to join my memory on vacation. About a month ago, I started getting a lot of headaches, and was taking tylenol or advil pretty much everyday, which is really unusual for me. I mentioned it to my mom, and she said it could be my eyes, but I didn't really think I was having a hard time seeing. Then a few days later, I went with Griff to pick up his new glasses, and I was complaining about another headache on the way there. I wasn't even thinkning about my eyes, but he suggested that I get them checked while we were there. So, I did, and sure enough, I needed glasses. It's not like I need a seeing eye dog, as the doctor said, but my left eye is weaker than the right, which was straining my eyes, and probably causing the headaches. I've been wearing glasses now for about a month, and I think I'm going to have to end up getting contacts too, and make it full-time. I can tell a big difference now when I take my glasses off, and the headaches have gone away. On another note, I wonder what I would have been blogging about ten years ago. I'm sure it would have been much more exciting than eyeglasses. Man, I'm getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment