Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Race is On

Griff and I have officially begun our training for a half-marathon in San Antonio this November. Griff ran this same race last year, but I’m a rookie, and I’m beginning to think it was a little over-ambitious of me to agree to it. As you can imagine, it’s not quite as easy as it once was to work out these days. We have to plan ahead since one of us has to stay home with Izzy. Luckily, my mom has been helping out a lot this summer, so she’s been watching Izzy a couple days a week so I can get to the gym, grocery shop, clean, etc. I joined 24-hour Fitness about a month ago, and they do offer childcare for babies 6 months and older, but I’m pretty sure that if I dropped Izzy off in a few weeks when she is 6 months old they would look at me like I’m crazy. She may look big to us, but she still looks like a newborn to everyone else. I’d be worried about taking her there for a while longer anyway. I’ve been slightly (ok, majorly) paranoid about germs since she left the hospital, so I might just have to wipe down the entire play area with my Clorox wipes and Germ-X if I were to take her there. Hopefully when the weather gets nicer, we can take Izzy out for runs together. For now, we just fit work-outs in where we can and hope for the best. Lord knows I need to squeeze in as much training as possible. At this point, 3.5 miles is the most I’ve ever run, and that was about a year ago, so I’m not sure what I was thinking when I signed up for this. If I can run 3 miles, I can run 13, right? Right??? I guess we’ll see… My current goal is to finish alive. If I can do that, I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment