Monday, August 3, 2009

Rockin' and Rollin'

Big news: Izzy can officially roll over from her belly to back...YAY!!! A few days after we first brought her home, she performed that trick twice in a five-minute span, but we never saw it again, so we just figured it was a fluke. And she rolled over once at my mom's house, but she had a towel rolled up under her arms, so that was kind of cheating. So, today was her first legit roll-over, and I totally missed it. I had my eyes on her all day long. She had a gazillion opportunities to roll over for me, but nope, nothing, nada. About five minutes after Griff got home, they were playing in the floor, and I left the room for half a second, and that’s when she did it. She saved up her trick for her daddy….figures!

Another first: Izzy went swimming for the first time yesterday. At our last pedi appointment, I asked her doctor if she could go swimming, and he said, “Of course she can!” So, I went straight home and ordered the cutest little swimsuit I could find online! She looked so stinking adorable. The water was a little cooler than usual, so we didn’t leave her in for too long, but she loved it. She absolutely loves her baths, so we knew she would like the pool. Can’t wait to take her again!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Izzy - you and Emily are right on track together. Emily rolled over twice yesterday also - but she went from her back to her tummy. She hasn't quite got the hang of tummy to back.

    Don't you just love the water - I posted E's bathing suit on her caring bridge - maybe next year you can match. You will have to come over and swim with us next summer - be sure to tell your Mom.

    We miss you loads - hugs and kisses to you all.

    Emily and Fam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! Melissa showed me your blog the other night at work. Glad I'll be able to keep up with miss Izzy. Sounds like you guys are having a blast with her at home. She looks great! Keep in touch! I have a blog too, but I've got it set to private, so just send me your e-mail and I'll send you the password.

    Nurse Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I’m a friend of Katie’s and check in on you guys. Izzy is looking great!!! So glad she’s having some pool fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's not much telling what ole nanny might have said...

    ReplyDelete