Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Coupon Clippin': Part Deux

It's official. I am a crazy coupon lady. I spent some time this weekend sorting my coupons, and they are now organized by category in a binder. I am kind of embarrassed that I just typed that, and I was even more embarrassed to bust out said coupon binder at Target today. I kept it under cover in my reusable shopping bag, and only pulled it out when I needed to find a coupon, but I still felt like a huge dork. Next time, I think I will get all of my coupons together before the shopping trip. Carrying an envelope of coupons doesn't seem quite as bad as hauling around an entire binder full of them.


So, here's this week's purchases: two boxes of Raisin Bran, two jars of Skippy peanut butter, two bottles of Tums, three bags of M&M's (probably shouldn't have brought those into the house, since we are now down to 2 and a half bags...), two boxes of Nutri-Grain bars, a two-pack of Colgate Dora toothbrushes, Colgate Dora toothpaste, a Dora dvd, a shirt for Baby Girl, and a book from the dollar spot (a complete necessity to entertain my little monkey).



I used a manufacturer coupon in addition to a Target store coupon on every item here except for the dvd, which I only had a Target coupon for, and the shirt and book, which I didn't have any coupons for. The total before coupons was $45.27, and I paid $29.63 after coupons. That's a savings of $15.64. It doesn't look quite as impressive as my first Target adventure, but I'm still new at this.

On the agenda for tomorrow: CVS. I still haven't tackled this store, but I'm giving it a try tomorrow. My shopping list consists of only two items, so we'll see just how strong my willpower is. First on the list is a Venus Embrace razor. It is $9.79, I'll get $5 in Extra Care Bucks, and I have a $2.00 coupon. Next (and hopefully last) is Crest Pro-Health toothpaste. It is $3.97, I'll get $2.50 ECB's, and I have a $.75 coupon. I also plan on signing up for Extra Care emails online, which will earn another $4.00 in ECB's. So, if all goes as planned, I will spend $11.01 plus tax, and come out with my two items plus $11.50 in ECB's for future purchases. My brain hurts now, and if you are kind enough to still be reading, I'm sure yours does, too.

1 comment:

  1. O.K. I'm impressed. I read all the way to the bottom, so where's the Izzy photo?

    ReplyDelete