Monday, August 1, 2011

By George, I think she's got it!

Something has clicked with Izzy recently, and her speech and vocabulary have exploded.  She is putting thoughts and sentences together like a champ and learning new words everyday.  We really have to be mindful of what we say these days because she repeats EVERYTHING.  I thought I better document some of my favorite recent moments with my girl before I forget them.

I don't even know where she got it, but she started saying, "I so happy."  It's the cutest thing you've ever heard.  I was getting her bath ready the other night and she was leaned over the tub looking at all her bath toys, and she said, "I so happy!"  Then after bath, we were getting dry and putting on pjs (not her favorite part of the day), and she was fussing and fake crying, and again she said, "I so happy."  This time, with a much different tone.  Then we read books and prayed.  Her eyes were already closed by the time we got to "Amen."  As soon as the words came out of my mouth, her sleepy little voice whispered, "I so happy."  Melts my heart.

After church yesterday, we stopped at the mall to do a little exchanging.  We were eating at the food court, and Izzy kept saying the same thing over and over.  We listened closely and realized she was saying, "Jesus loves me."  Oh.my.word.  My precious child! So thankful for the sweet teachers at church who love our girl as much as we do.

Today, I was leaving the gym with Izzy, and a lady stopped me and told me how sweet Izzy is.  Apparently, her daughter was crying and not happy to be dropped off in the kids club, so Izzy walked over to her and said, "It's ok.  I Izzy.  I pay wif you."  Is she not the sweetest thing?  Made my day. 

After we left the gym, I asked her if she wanted to go to the store with mama.  Her repsonse was, "Shop.  Shoes.  Eat."  It's official.  I've brainwashed my child. 






3 comments:

  1. She is so precious, what a sweet baby girl you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kyla! We think she's pretty special. Speaking of sweet babies, that Lillie Lou of yours is pretty special, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she introduced herself to another kid, then said she would play with her. Such compassion for a little one. You and Griff have quite a special girl there. I'm not biased or anything.

    ReplyDelete