Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Oh No She Didn't!

So, recently Griff’s parents slept over at our house. They took the entire night shift so Griff and I could catch up on some much needed sleep. As we shut our bedroom door for the night, we did a little happy dance, and said to each other, “Suckas! They have no idea what they’re in for!” If you’ve been reading our blog, you know that Izzy is not a big fan of sleeping at night, especially not in her bassinet. Well, our alarm went off at 6 a.m., and Griff went in the living room fully expecting to find both of his parents wiped out from the night’s exhaustion. He was shocked at what he found…she slept the ENTIRE night in her bed. Yes my friends, she slept from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m., all in her bassinet, only waking to eat. Isabelle clearly knows how to work the grandparents. She was a perfect angel all night, no doubt with a huge grin on her face the entire time as if to say to me and Griff, “Who’s the sucka now???” Now you’re wondering if she’s slept the entire night since then, right? Well, the answer would be a big fat no, but she is getting much better. She slept in her bed last night from about 10:30 p.m. – 5 a.m. with no problems, so we can’t really complain much.

I almost forgot to post her Weight Watcher’s results. As of Friday (7/10), she weighed 8 lbs 2 oz, which was an 8 ounce gain over 9 days…not too shabby. I'm also late at posting this picture from the 4th of July, but here is Izzy being the diva that she is. If this is any indication of how her teen years will be, we are in trouble!

3 comments:

  1. That is too funny about her sleeping through the night for the gp's. She definitely knows how to work it! Glad to hear she is gaining some weight. She looks cute in her 4th of July outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Izzy you have to be nice to your parents too - remember they feed you! I know how comfortable it is to lay on your parents, but you will LOVE it in your big girl bed - besides you sweat alot laying on top of someone else. Maybe that's just me - I hear my Mom call me a "hot tamale" sometimes, so I am guessing I am hot to sleep with.

    Well, I went to weight watchers today - gained 9 ounces in 2 weeks. I am now - wait for it------

    10 pounds!!! I am in double digits today! And it takes TWO WHOLE HANDS to show my weight now.

    Hope to see you Friday - I think we are going to have lunch in the Cook's Cafe (love the turkey sandwich!) so maybe we will see you before your appointment.

    Have a good nights sleep friend!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. She slept, but Nanna still stayed up a lot watching the monitor!

    ReplyDelete