Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Caught in the Act

Izzy is currently in a Yo Gabba Gabba trance, so I'm taking advantage. Hey, don't judge me. We've made it all day without cartoons, but it's almost 6pm, and Griff isn't home yet, so it's time for reinforcements. And seriously, what in the world is with this show? I really question the sanity (and the drug use) of its creator.

I'm a little late at posting this. But really, what else is new? Here's a quick recap of all the fun stuff Miss Izzy has been up to over the past several weeks.

So, a few weeks ago, I go in to get Izzy from nap and notice that the side of her crib is all messed up. At first glance, I thought, "what the???" But one look at her face told the story.


The Damage: closer examination reveals a drool drip.

The Evidence: Notice the black paint chips around the culprit's mouth.
She turned on the tears quick so as to avoid punishment. Those babies are sneaky I tell you. ;-)

Yep, my baby is eating her bed. She also eats books. I'm raising my own little baby goat.
I used to keep her books in the living room on a shelf she could reach so she could play with them. After pulling a chunk of this book out of her mouth, I've removed the books from her reach, and she only gets them while mommy is reading to her or watching her very closely. As for the crib, we've tried this gummi crib rail thing, but it doesn't want to stick the the crib, so we're still looking for a solution. If you have any suggestions, we're listening.


One of her most favorite things to do, up until recently, was to open the doors to the tv cabinet and mess with everything behind them. It drove me crazy because I was constantly pulling her away from the cabinet and shutting the door, only for her to be back at it again seconds later. Well, the hubs got smart and removed the handles from the doors. Now she can't open them. Problem solved. It's the little victories...


Izzy was playing with a little ball that Nanna made for her, and it rolled under the table. She went in after it, but got stuck and needed some assistance getting out from under the chair. Silly girl!


This was the first piece of furniture that we had to remove from the living room. This was pre-fireplace screen injury. It was just too tempting for my girl, so we moved it into the dining room.


Another thing we have to keep out of her reach now: wipes.


The girl loves to climb!

And this is my favorite, from several weeks ago. I had put Izzy down for a nap, and she was just not having it. After about 15 minutes or so, it sounded like she had finally calmed down. I tip-toed into her room to check on her, and she was sitting straight up in bed, completely asleep! I ran to get the camera. I know, not smart, but I just had to. Well, the click of the camera startled her, and she woke up crying. I should have left well enough alone and let her sleep since the flash was off and the picture is blurry anyway, but I just had to get my picture. If I remember correctly, she never continued her nap that day. Poor girl was afraid she'd miss something. Talk about fighting your sleep. If only I knew where she gets her stubborness. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. okey dokey...so about the crib thing. I searched for something for Kelsi's crib before she got teeth since we have a convertible crib and wanted to keep it pretty for future use. I bought this http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3521410

    from babies r us online and they've been on her crib since the day they came and I washed them. Of course I take them off for washing here and there, but she hasn't messed with it and we have a beautiful crib underneath. When you look at the if u decide to purchase you have to get the side rails too. Hope that helps if you haven't found a solution yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! I will look into those covers. I've seen them for the front of the crib, but I didn't know they made them for the sides. The front of her crib is kind of like a sleigh bed, so she can't really get a good bite on it, but she is tearing up the side rails! I guess the good thing is, if we ever make it into a full size bed, we won't even need the damaged sides.

    ReplyDelete