Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First Babies, Now Boobies


I'm starting to feel like a professional fundraiser. Now that March for Babies is behind us for the year (did I mention our team raised over $10,000?!?), it's time to start fundraising for my 3-Day debut.

My friend Karanae and I (and possibly one other friend) are participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk this November. It will be a first for both of us, and something I've been wanting to do for several years now. I've been so worried about the $2,300 that each walker must raise that I haven't even thought about the 60 miles we will be walking. Yes, that's right folks. My reward for raising $2,300 is getting to walk SIXTY miles over the course of 3 days, sleeping in a tent each night following a 20 mile walk, and don't even get me started on the shower situation. Those of you who know me well know how I love my showers, and the "shower/sink truck for washing up" I've read about online just doens't sound like it's going to cut it, so this could be interesting. Hmmmm....I wonder why nobody else wants to do this with us. I really don't have much of a choice in the matter now that I went and put it on my 30x30 list for all to see. If I don't do it now, I'll look like a total slacker. By the way, I just realized I still haven't come up with my last two goals, so I guess at this point, 28x30 would be more accurate. But I digress... In all seriousness, this is for such a great cause, and I've heard great things from past participants, so I'm super exicted not only to experience the 3-Day for myself, but to do my part in finding a cure for breast cancer, even if it means blisters and greasy hair for 3 days. ;-)

I'm trying to get creative with my fundraising efforts since I just begged everyone I know to donate to March of Dimes (see mention of $10,000 above). We started things off with a Pampered Chef fundraiser party last week that made $800 for our 3-Day team. Woohoo!! Thanks to everyone who placed an order. You guys rock!!

Our next fundraiser is a garage sale planned for June 26th at my house. If you have anything you are willing to donate to the sale, we will happily accept it.

I will keep you posted on additional fundraisers. Until then, online donations of any size will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks for your support!


2 comments:

  1. Who's babysitting the baby while you March for Boobies?

    I have a truck load of stuff for that garage sale. Take out an ad, I've got good stuff! A nice rocking chair, if you have any friends who like the old fashioned style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will take out an ad for a babysitter, too. ;-) Griff will watch her Sat and Sun, and I don't think I'll have much trouble finding a sitter for Friday. Thanks for all the garage sale items!!!

    ReplyDelete