Thursday, May 27, 2010

Looky, Looky!

One of Izzy's favorite things to do is walk, but she still needs help from mommy and daddy. I've been testing her a bit lately by only allowing her to hold on to me with one hand. She wasn't so sure about that at first, but she is getting braver.

Today, I tricked her. I walked her with both hands, then I pulled one a way after a few steps, making her walk a bit with one hand free. Then, still standing behind her, I held a toy in front of her, and she grabbed it with her free hand. I pulled my other hand away, and she was holding the toy with both hands, and STANDING all by herself! We repeated this trick a lot today. She was surprisingly very stable, and would stand for close to 30 seconds at a time before she sat herself down.

Look at her! She's a professional stander. She's all nonchalant about it, "Yeah, I'm standing on my own for the first time ever. No big deal."




I'm so proud of my baby girl, and also a little nervous about the craziness that is about to unfold when she takes off. From the looks of the picture below, she was pretty proud of herself, too! Poor daddy was out of town for this first, but he will be home late tonight, and he will probably have to fight off the urge to wake her up and make her perform her new trick.






No comments:

Post a Comment