Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bring the Pain!

I'm sure this will be another one of those ideas that sound better in my head, but I've signed up for 4 weeks of torture bootcamp. I did a 6-week bootcamp class through the YMCA a few years ago, and it was pretty good, but I thought I would try something a little different. I'd been looking at alternatives for a while, but everything is so pricey. That's where my good friend Groupon came through for me. The week after I researched the program I ended up signing up for and found that they charge $180 for 4 weeks, I got an email from Groupon offering the exact same session for $40! So, I signed myself up, and I got a friend to join me. I'm not going to pretend to be super athletic or anything, but when I workout, I want to be pushed, I want to sweat, and I don't want to feel like I've wasted my time. The description on the website reads, "for men and women who want a true bootcamp experience without the commitment of enlisting." Sounds a bit scary, but in a good way. I think.

Why the bootcamp you ask? Well, three of us couples have an upcoming trip to Cabo planned, and to inspire some friendly, get-in-shape motivation, we have a little Cabo Wabo Fatso Challenge going on. The sad few who lose the least percentage of weight will be forced to sing karaoke on the trip. I don't sing karaoke. I don't sing at all. In fact, last time I was on a karaoke stage, this is what happened.

This cannot happen again, people! So, you now see the seriousness of the situation and why drastic measures are needed. My first class is tonight. I'm not going to lie. I'm scurred. I will report back tomorrow, assuming I am still alive.

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to the update. I've been catching up on your last few posts and they are crackin' me up!

    ReplyDelete