Monday, May 3, 2010

You Should've Seen the Other Guy

Well, my sweet little girl has her first official boo boo. She got in a fight with the fireplace screen, and let's just say the screen won. This screen has been an obssession of her's for a few weeks now, so I should have known to take it out of the living room. Motherhood fail! Actually, it's motherhood and fatherhood fail because Griff and I both witnessed the "fight." She crawled over to the screen as usual, and we both told her "no-no" in our discipline voices, which apparently aren't very effective. She proceeded to pull-up on the screen and turn around to look our direction. We again told her "no-no," and she started to sit down to come back toward us. Unfortunately, she kept her hand on the top of the screen, and brought it down with her. She immediately went in to her out-of-control cry where she holds her breath for an eternity. The kind of cry where the longer the pause, the louder the scream. Luckily, she calmed down pretty quickly, but she was left with a shiner and a bruise on her head that is mostly covered by her hair. I felt like the worst parent this morning when I went to get her out of bed and she had a swollen, beat-up eye. It looked a lot worse then than it does in these pictures. And I had to make a trip to Wal-Mart and the post office today, so I'm sure there were a few calls to CPS made on my behalf today. Good thing is she is a tough little girl. Look at that face. You know you're scared.


1 comment: