Wednesday, January 18, 2012

On the Mend

My little household passed around a cough, runny nose, stuffy nose, sore throat, etc., last week.  We have been popping antibiotics, steroids, z-paks, and OTC meds like candy around here.  Thankfully we are all starting to feel much better.  Poor little Izzy had a horrible cough that was waking her up every night, so her doctor put her on steroids.  This was the first time she had taken them (at least outside the NICU - I'm sure she had every medication known to man while she was there).  Anyway, we had no idea what we were in for.  We knew from the listed side effects that she may experience facial flushing, nervousness, and an increased appetite.  We did not know she would turn into the Incredible Hulk.  My sweet baby was out. of. control.  We're talking major tantrums, where Griff and I couldn't even control her.  It was nuts.  I heard a lot of, "No Mommy!" and, "Yes I Can!" At one point, my mom and sister came over.  I warned them that she was "raging" and they laughed and rolled their eyes at me because she was happy and running around the living room.  Well, it only took about 5 minutes before my mom's glasses were knocked off her face and homegirl was doing a pull-up on the kitchen counter.  Insane, I tell you.  Luckily, she is back to her sweet self again.  Crazy how that medicine can have such an effect on her little personality.  So, here's to hoping we can all stay well enough to cross off the 101 items on our to-do list!
My sick baby and her daddy
She looks sweet, but I'm tellin' ya, you don't want to mess with this girl on roids.

4 comments:

  1. Being sick is SUCH a bummer!! I hope you are all feeling better and can stay well. Here in Austin it is cedar season and it just kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks, Tiffany! My doctor said this all started with allergies. I've never had any problems with allergies until just recently. When thirty hits, it hits hard. ;) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady...that sounds like my Camryn on Triaminic. We would watch her in utter disbelief as she would run around the living room hurling anythign and everything in her path. You are not alone in your tales of medicated kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! Not Triaminic, too! These girls, I tell ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete