Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to Reality

The first Monday of the new year started off with a trip to the gym for a butt-kicking Body Pump class.  Then we went home for showers and headed back out for a 2-hour, $260 trip to Wal-Mart.  That hurt more than the workout for sure.  We spent the rest of the day at home, putting things away, doing laundry, organizing the pantry and refrigerator, and painting Izzy's bed (almost done - will post pics soon!).  It felt good to be semi-productive for a change. 

And of course, I made time for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and The Bachelor that night.  RHOBH was ridciulous, as usual, but I'm hooked, and I just can't look away.  The Bachelor on the other hand...not so sure.  Apparently ABC recruited girls straight off the crazy farm this season.  We had a huge, obnoxious derby hat, a pageant queen (complete with her sash), a tag-along grandma, an evil model, a rhyming Brit, and a girl who rode in on her high-horse (quite literally).  And that was before anyone even said a word to each other.  As usual, there were two girls who didn't get along right off the bat.  This resulted in one them locking herself in the bathroom and crying like a fool.  Of course, both of them received a rose.  With Ben as the bachelor, they are going to have to create some major drama for the sake of ratings.  I gotta be honest, I'm not sure how long I can hang in this season. 

Hubs went back to work yesterday, and after I dropped Izzy off at school, I met up with a friend to run 4 miles (the longest I've run in more weeks than I care to admit).  Let's just say that after the class on Monday and the run yesterday morning, it now hurts to blink.  And I think I'm getting sick.  Lovely.  Poor Izzy is going to be watching a lot of Disney today.  I don't think she minds too much though.  She brought me a tiny little dog that came with her doll house, and said, "Here Mommy, he'll take care of you."  I sure do love that sweet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment