Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Best of Christmas 2011

Just a few Christmas highlights:

A new tradition for us this year - baking a birthday cake for Jesus

This girl was excited about the cake.  As you can see, she snuck a taste of it before it was even mixed. 

Stirring away

baking is fun!

We ran out of time, so decorations happened the next day.  And yes, I do actually get my child out of her pajamas and dress her in real clothes sometimes.  On special occasions, of course.


having fun with the sprinkles


I was a good mommy and gave her full creative control of the decorations. Confession: it took everything I had not to move those three candles she clumped in the corner.


so proud of her work

We took her to visit Lily's gravesite, and she helped us decorate it for Christmas.  We tried to explain (in very simple terms) about her big sister and that she is in heaven with Jesus.  I actually thought it was sinking in until I asked her, "So, where is Lily?" and she replied, "At Costco."  Clearly, we still have some work to do. 

The obligatory Santa picture.  She was actually happy to see him, but refused to smile for the picture.  The only thing she asked for was Emmy Ems (M&Ms).  Easy enough.

Pinterest fail - I tried this recipe out at our family baking day.  Pinterest doesn't always get it right, folks.

Taking Izzy and Lane to the Omni to see Polar Express was so much fun.  I think sis and I are gonna have to make it a tradition!

Izzy loves crafts, so she had a blast making handprint snowmen ornaments for grandparents, aunts, and uncles.


My sweet friend Janean teaches kindergarten and did this project with her class. 
She shared the idea with me, and I just love how they turned out.  

another one on gold

I made goodie bags for the neighbors again this year.  Don't worry, that is my second batch of the hershey kiss thumprints, and they weren't burnt. 

dipped s'mores!

Opening up gifts at Meme and Papa's house with all the cousins


Mom and Dad got her a trunk filled with dress-up clothes and shoes, fancy jewelry, a tiara, etc...pretty much everything a princess needs!

She loved dressing Papa up in her jewels

Happy to open gifts at Nanna and Pop-Pop's house!

Tangled was a hit with the girls

Christmas morning at our house

Look at that face!  Not sure what she was walking into.

She warmed up when she saw her new bike

I think she likes it!
That was our Christmas in a nutshell.  We had such a great year, and I have a sneaking suspicion 2012 is going to be even better!  Happy New Year, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment