Monday, December 19, 2011

12 Days of Christmas - Day 6: Favorite Holiday Recipes

Confession: I don't do a lot of Holiday cooking.  I'm pretty spoiled in that I can get away with showing up on Christmas Eve with a few 2 liters of Diet Coke.  I usually bring something sweet or some sort of an appetizer.  Last year, I made the famous Sopapilla Cheesecake (see recipe here), and a few years prior to that I made the ol' cream cheese block with raspberry chipotle sauce a staple in our spread.  I go all out, I tell ya. 

Not sure what I'll be making this year, but these recipes are serious contenders:

1. Bacon and Cheese Pinwheels - Bacon, good.  Cheese, good.  Easy, yes.  This one gets a gold star.  Recipe here.
Pinned Image
photo from pinterest
2. Spicy Sausage Dip - I actually made a variation of this recipe a few years ago, and it was tasty.  Recipe here.
Pinned Image
photo from annies-eats.com


3. Easy Parmesan Knots - No words.  Just drool...  Recipe here.
Pinned Image
photo from realmomkitchen.com

And I'm thinking about starting a little Christmas tradition at out little casa this year.  I'm going to....wait for it....make breakfast.  Yeah, I said it.  I actually love breakfast food, but unfortunately, I'm not a morning person.  At all.  So, it's not often that we eat a nice warm breakfast around here.  It's usually instant oatmeal, cold cereal, toast, etc.  I like making breakfast for dinner, but hubs isn't a fan, so I guess I'll do what the rest of the world does this year and make breakfast for breakfast.  I'm thinking this Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring is a must.  Oh. My. Word.  Recipe here.
Pinned Image
photo from pinterest

And of course, the title of this recipe makes it a no-brainer.  Maybe I'll give the Christmas Breakfast Sausage Casserole a try, too.  Recipe here.
photo from allrecipes.com
I already feel sorry for my clothes.  They are going to be pushed to their full-capacity limit very soon.  There's always January, right??

1 comment:

  1. I have grand plans of making the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls this year for Christmas morning and for a few gifts. If that doesn't happen (very good chance that it won't) then I am stealing your sticky bun ring recipe. That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete