Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chalkboard Sign

I have been admiring this canvas from Lindsay Letters for a few months now.  It's one of my favorite hymns, and I just love it so much.



So, when I spied this little beauty on sale at World Market, the wheels started turning.  If you ask my husband, he would say the wheels never stop turning when it comes to all things decorating.  



I brought it home, scoured Pinterest for some chalkboard lettering inspiration, whipped out my chalk marker and got to work.
I LOVE this thing.  I ordered it from an Etsy vendor last year, and I will definitely be purchasing more.

After a lot of trial and error, as well as some very obsessive erasing, this is what I came up with.  It may not be quite as perfect as the canvas, but I kind of dig it.  And at $39.99 vs. $200 for the canvas, I'm patting myself on the back right now.  

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am so impressed. You have great handwriting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE it!! I have been eyeing that canvas for a year now but hated to splurge. Your idea is so fabulous and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete