Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Dreaming of Chalk Paint

Umm, can I just say that Chalky White was a close contender as a title for this post.  Shout out, Boardwalk!

If you've been reading blogs for a hot minute, there's a greater than zero chance you've heard of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  For those of you who haven't (Griff), it's a special paint made specifically for furniture.  It requires no sanding or priming, but you are supposed to use furniture wax to buff after painting.  From what I've read it adheres to practically any surface, and leaves a matte, velvety finish. 


Well, I've recently (like as in the last few hours) become mildly obsessed with it.  I do that.  If I get an idea in my head, it consumes me.  The current obsession is painting my dining table and chairs.  Here's what we are currently working with.





I don't think this much black works well in this room.  In a perfect world, I would just order this and call it a day.  Wouldn't that be nice?
www.restorationhardware.com

Truth is, our table has been used and abused, but we need to get a few more miles out of it.  Here's what I'm thinking: paint the base of the table, paint the chairs, recover the seats with a different fabric (that was the plan all along), and possibly replace the two chairs on the ends with some sort of upholstered chairs.  

This picture from Miss Mustard Seed is similar to the look I'm going for.  I love how it all works together without being matchy-matchy.  

And this before and after from Adventures in Decorating also gives me some good inspiration.


And here is an idea of what my table could look like if I only painted the chairs.  This is from Emily A. Clark's website (her previous home), and I'm pretty sure that is my exact table without the leaf.  
www.emilyaclark.com


Now excuse me while I scour the internet for more pictures of chalk painted furniture...

No comments:

Post a Comment