Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cry Me a River, Frank!


I've been waiting for this episode all season. They teased it to death, so we all knew what was coming in Tahiti....Frank is gone!!! Apparently Frank still has feelings for his ex-girlfriend back home. It's just that simple, but instead of just nipping it in the bud early on in the episode, they dragged it out, almost over the entire TWO hours! After several producer interviews and a sit-down with Chris Harrison, it was like, okay Frank, we get it. You love Nicole. Now get out of my living room! I was so over him and his drama that I wasn't even excited about his confession to Ali. Of course, she was crushed. I seriously do not understand how not one, but two girls could be so head-over-heels for this mess of a man. And isn't he a writer? A writer that put his career on hold, took a job at the Gap (only speculating here), and now lives at home with his parents at 31? What kind of a writer repeatedly says, "her and I?" I'm thinking he might need a do-over on that career move. Oh, and you know if he hadn't dropped the ex-girlfriend bomb on Ali, she would have given him a rose this week. I wonder who she was going to cut...and I bet the guys do, too.


Okay, so without Frank in the picture, we are down to Roberto and Chris. If you remember correctly, these were my top two picks from the beginning. Maybe I should be a professional matchmaker. :-) I am definitely on Team Chris. Roberto may be nice to look at, but I don't think they would have much to talk about off camera.


Even if Ali does have this "amazing connection" (I'm going to scream if I hear those words on this show again!) with Chris or Roberto, how could she possibly be ready to marry one of them? Am I the only who thinks that is insane? Of course you are going to feel romantic sparks when all of your dates are in these incredibly extravagant destinations and there's a camera in your face. Who's going to bicker and argue under those conditions? In a way, this show kind of sets these couples up for failure....except for that Trista girl, of course. Their entire relationship, up until their engagement, is spent in fantasy land. I'm hoping that Ali and Chris (okay, okay...or Roberto) decide to just date exclusively at the end of this instead of jumping into an engagement. We all saw what happened to Jake and The Sausage...


Can't wait for the reunion next week. Weatherman, Wrestler, Big Hair Craig, oh my!

4 comments:

  1. No, you're not the only one who thinks that's insane! I was thinking she was going to pick neither, but now I don't know. Next week should be entertaining, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I read all the way to the bottom, just to get to my news and photo of Izzy.......where is it? Did I miss it? I'll be glad when this show is over so you can get back to writing about the beautiful and talented Isabelle Eden Babb. I'm sure I'm speaking for all of her adoring fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing, Amelia, that she wouldn't pick either. We'll see...

    And Nanna, to be honest, I think the pro-Bachelorette comments outweigh the negative. And the missing picture of Izzy was just an oversight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An OVERSIGHT?????? That's my grandbaby you're talking about. I'm tellin' your daddy!

    ReplyDelete