Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Big Girl Bed

After Izzy scaled the walls of her crib a week ago, we quickly replaced it with a big girl bed.  We knew her days in the crib were numbered, so we had already purchased a twin size mattress and box spring.  I found plans on pinterest for an adorable bed that I've sweet talked Griff into building (husband is a good man, I tell ya), but he and his dad aren't going to have time to start that project for a few more weeks, so for the time being, girlfriend's room is looking a bit ghetto.  Don't you worry though, mama's got big plans. 

This transition has gone surprisingly well.  I was really bracing myself for some long nights, but she has done great.  She followed me out of her room once on the first night, but we walked back there together, and she hasn't come out at night since then.  Amazing!  She is even napping better in the bed than she did in her crib, which makes absolutely no sense to me, but I'll take it.  She came out to the kitchen the other day when she was supposed to be napping, and I asked her to go back to bed.  She turned around, said, "Yes, Mommy," and went back to her room.  I was so shocked I just wanted to go scoop her up and love on her, but I resisted, and she ended up napping for an hour. 

My favorite part of her new bed is that I get to lie down with her before naps and bedtime and snuggle for a bit.  She grabs my face and says, "Mommy, I wuv you."  That's the good stuff.

Here she is with her new bed for the first time.  And apparently Halloween never goes out of season at our house.  She spotted her costume in the laundry room and insisted on wearing it over her clothes. 
video

And this is after she follwed me out of her room on night one.  Nothing like a good fit on the kitchen floor.

Poor thing fell off the bed the first night

First nap in the big girl bed

Oh, sweet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment