Monday, March 31, 2014

Doc McStuffins Party

I'm a little late on this post.  Only by a month.  No big deal.  Moving on...  The girls had another birthday party together this year.  They are February 21st and 26th, so at this age, it's just easier on us (and our family and friends) to combine them.  The girls don't seem to mind at all, so even better.  

Since we had their party at Main Event (more geared toward Izzy's age), we went with Harper's favorite character as the theme: Doc McStuffins.  Both of the girls like Doc, but Harper is probably a bigger fan.  She loves her some Doc and Minnie Mouse, but the Minnie party has been done.  See here.  

We kept things very simple this year, and it was great.  I am convinced that these kind of parties (held at party venues) are the way to go for large groups.  We've hosted 5 kid parties now: park, Little Gym, home, Pump it Up, and Main Event, and the house party was by far the most work, and probably just as expensive as the others. 

Sticking with the Doc McStuffins theme, I dressed the girls as close to Doc as I could, minus the doctor coat.  Their clothes are from Target, and I found the little Doc headbands at Claire's.  I love these two!

Izzy pretty much looked like this the whole time.  Happy girl.  These little ball ramps are very handy with this age group.  And as you can see, they double as a slide for some children.


Harper did a little of this....

...And a little of that.  She also enjoyed lots of snacks during the bowling game, as usual.  

My brother-in-laws sister makes cakes from home, and she whipped up the cutest cake for the girls.  I sent her a picture I found from Pinterest, and she recreated it.  If only I were so talented.  I was so happy with how it turned out, and it was just as yummy as it was cute.  


There's not much you can do as far as decorating in these venues, so I just threw out a few Doc toys the girls had along with some candy.  Who doesn't like candy??

I kept the favors super simple.  A few hershey kisses (the pink ones were from Valentine's day - don't know if they always have pink or if I just got lucky), some Doc band-aids (found at Target), and a few stickers.  The original plan was to make tags for each of the bags that said "Kisses for your Boo-Boos," but then I got smart and decided the sign was the way to go.  




Little sister beat big sister blowing out her candles.  Izzy has five on her side, you just can't see them all.


So big.  And so pretty.

And what an adorable little mess.

We atempted to do presents while our guests were eating cake.  Izzy was on board.  Harper was not.  Nobody comes between Harper and her cake.  It's one of those things you just roll with because it's not worth the battle.  So, Izzy opened all of her gifts at the party, and Harper opened hers after we got home.  

She was so excited to open all of her gifts.



And that was it.  Nothing Pinterest worthy here, but it checked all the necessary boxes: simple, easy, and fun!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great party!!! As J gets older, I think we are going to have to do some parties like this. Home parties are fun but lots of work!!!

    ReplyDelete